Bentonite Clay Essential Oil Toothpaste Recipe
There are lots of natural toothpastes on the market, and recipes to make your own toothpaste or tooth powder. Our family likes this bentonite clay essential oil toothpaste recipe for a clean, healthy mouth!
I’m not going to lie. Clay isn’t the most wonderful tasting thing, but some coconut oil to make it smooth, stevia to sweeten, and a few essential oils for freshness and you’ll soon get used to it.
Essential Oil Blends for Oral Care
Essential oils are great for oral health and these are some of our favorite blends:
- Lime, lemon, grapefruit
- Orange, clove, peppermint
- Cinnamon, clove, orange
- Chamomile and wintergreen
- Frankincense & myrrh
Note: The color of your finished product may vary depending on the color of your clay and the essential oils used.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, mix the hot water and coconut oil together and let stand till the coconut oil melts. Add to the food processor gradually till combined. While the food processor is still on, combine and add the essential oils all at once and process a few more seconds. Mixture should be granular and slightly damp.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid.
- Toothpaste Variation
- Once the tooth powder is complete, gradually add more coconut oil, blending as you go, until you reach the desired consistency.
* Essential oils are great for oral health and these are some of our favorite blends:
Lime, lemon, grapefruit
Orange, clove, peppermint
Cinnamon, clove, orange
Chamomile and wintergreen
Frankincense & myrrh