40 Bible Verses for Healing
Jehovah Rapha: The Lord, Our Healer. There are dozens of Bible verses for healing and I have come to take solace in these over the years as my loved ones and I have battle health conditions. They have brought up comfort, hope and have built up our most holy faith to believe our Lord for a miracle!
With that said, there is a practical application to all of this. The Lord has gifted your body with the remarkable ability to heal itself under the right conditions. You need to feed it wholesome food, drink clean water and breathe pure air. Sadly, finding these things is all but impossible in our fallen world as toxic chemicals have overtaken our soil and atmosphere. In spite of our efforts (and great expense) to purchase essential products for a healthy home, we still get sick and God is here to bless you with His healing touch when you need it. The healing Scripture below testifies to that
Cry out to Him and seek this precious gift today!
Maintaining Your Healing
Before I share my 40 favorite Bible verses for healing, we need to put what God's Word says about health into context with these two scripture passages.
- “Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, ‘See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.'” John 5:14
- “Faith without works is useless.” James 2:20
Essentially, once God does His part, we must do our part! He heals us and we maintain the healing!
Personally, I don't view sickness as a sin issue. From what I can in the Scripture, neither does Jesus. Otherwise, why would He say this in John 9:3?
- “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.”
The point that I think our Lord is trying to make is that, when we sin, we put ourselves in harm's way. Reckless behavior, misuse of medicines and deliberate poor food choices (i.e. all “sins”) can and oftentimes damages our bodies and will make us more susceptible to get sick.
This is why it's so crucial to put faith to our deeds and put deeds to our faith!
My hope and prayer is that these 40 Bible Verses for Healing inspire, encourage and build up your most holy faith. As you seek God for healing, I suggest you do your best to learn how to be healthy and make the proper abundant life-giving choices.
Using natural therapies like essential oils can help and I wrote a report about the 10 most healing that you can find here.
Also, at the end of this article, I list my favorite products and resources for you to help you on your journey.
~ Dr. Z
40 Bible Verses for Healing
Old Testament Healing Scripture
He said, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”
~ Exodus 15:26
Worship the LORD your God, and His blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.
~ Exodus 23:25
The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt.
~ Deuteronomy 7:15
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.
~ Deuteronomy 32:39
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
~ 2 Chronicles 7:14
Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
~ Psalm 6:2
For the LORD protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken!
~ Psalm 34:20
The LORD will sustain him upon his sickbed; In his illness, You restore him to health.
~ Psalm 41:3
As for me, I said, “O Lord, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you!”
~ Psalm 41:4
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good thing, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
~ Psalm 103:1-5
He sent out His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
~ Psalm 107:20
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
~ Psalm 147:3
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24
My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.
~ Proverbs 4:20-22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
~ Proverbs 17:22
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up.
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-3
And the Lord will strike Egypt, striking and healing, and they will return to the Lord, and he will listen to their pleas for mercy and heal them.
~ Isaiah 19:22
Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live!
~ Isaiah 38:16
But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed.
~ Isaiah 53:5
‘I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them. I will comfort those who mourn, bringing words of praise to their lips. May they have abundant peace, both near and far,' says the Lord, who heals them.
~ Isaiah 57: 18-19
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
~ Isaiah 58:8
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
~ Jeremiah 17:14
For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord.
~ Jeremiah 30:17
Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.
~ Jeremiah 33:6
New Testament Healing Scripture
And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.
~ Matthew 4:23
And He called to Him His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.
~ Matthew 10:1
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
~ Matthew 10:8
It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
~ Mark 2:17
He [Jesus] said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
~ Mark 5:34
And the power of the Lord was with him to heal.
~ Luke 5:17
Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.
~ Luke 10:9
And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and she glorified God.
~ Luke 13:13
But they remained silent. Then He took him and healed him and sent him away.
~ Luke 14:4
“He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.
~ John 12:40
While you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.
~ Acts 4:30
And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you; rise and make your bed.” And immediately he rose.
~ Acts 9:34
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
~ Acts 10:38
Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.
~ 1 Corinthians 15:43
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.
~ James 5:14-15
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
~ James 5:16
He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.
~ 1 Peter 2:24
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
~ 3 John 1:2
Which of these 40 Bible Verses for Healing speaks to your heart?
One Final Challenge
As I read, and reread, the Bible, I am often filled with a sense of reassurance to see how the timeless principles within its pages ring true in my life.
One lesson in particular, that we reap what we sow, has all but defined my Biblical health experience. In its simplest form, we reap sickness because of what was sow into our bodies. Along our healing journey, we are all confronted by the same fork in the road and, we all have a choice.
No amount of prayer, no amount of meditation, and no amount of counseling can turn things around until we are willing to change. We need to first stop doing the things that are causing the damage in the first place, which then gives our bodies an opportunity to heal. At the same time, we need to learn how to take care of ourselves and regain control of our health.
Can you relate?
- Have you pledged to regaining control of your health in a way that honors your body as the temple that it truly is?
- Have you determined to feed your temple nutritious foods and avoid toxins that cause disease?
- Have you committed to stop running to the pharmacy for every little thing, and have you embraced the power of using natural therapies like essential oils instead?
Like me, you have a choice which path you want to follow. And, now that you have learned what the Bible says about health, I trust that you will walk with me on the path toward the abundant life!
Practical Steps to Health
Now that we've meditated on 40 healing Scripture verses, let's switch gears a little and focus on giving your home a “make over” to support a new healthy lifestyle to maintain your healing!
Usually, you'll quickly discover that you need to replace many of the staple pantry items considered unsafe like othite, bleached sugar and flour. Then you'll notice that you need new kitchen gadgets to prepare all those fresh ingredients and DIY projects on your to-do list. After you've made over the kitchen, you start to think about other essential products for a healthy home like body care, household cleaners, and all kinds of stuff!
Rest assured that this is completely normal, so don't get stressed out about the transition. Take it all in baby-steps, focusing on the lowest hanging fruit. As you do what's easiest and most affordable to implement at first, you'll find that you can master the basics quite quickly. Then, next think you know, you're picking fruit on top of the tree that you once thought was impossible to do!
This, my friend, is all part of the adventure, and our prayer is that by sharing our experience and this list of our favorite products, you'll be inspired and encouraged on your own journey.
Our Favorite Products by Category
While our home is far from perfectly green and clean, (we're still learning to make more and more of our own products) we're pretty proud of how far we've come.
To check out what we use, scroll down for these categories:
- Must Have Items for Your Home
- Books & Resources
- Supplements & Natural Remedies
- When You Don't Have Time to DIY
- Our Favorite Kitchen Gadgets
- DIY & Aromatherapy Tools
- Carrier Oils & Body Care Ingredients
- Pantry Goods for a Healthy Lifestyle
Must-Have Items to Stay Healthy
Humans can live without food for a few weeks, without water for a few days and without air for just a few minutes. It's important to put things into perspective to see how absolutely vital these are to our existence, and it should motivate us to provide our bodies with the very best of what's available to us within our individual budgets. Because of this, I have found that these items are an absolute MUST if you want to minimize toxins, reduce your risk of developing disease and maintain a strong healthy profile:
- Dr. Z's Abundant Life Store – The best best aromatherapy supplies on the market, period. Ous USB ultrasonic diffuser is the coolest thing, and all of our products are designed in Belgium. This gives ous products a sophisticated “Euro” look and you're going to fall in love with ous diffusers, wraps, cases and necklaces!
- Thrive Market – This is an online membership like Costco for health lovers! All of your favorite health products in one place for a great price, delivered to your door. Super convenient! Dr. Z tribe members get a FREE gift for signing up for their 30-day trial! You can choose either a free jar of coconut oil, gluten-free coconut flour, jar of almond butter, non-toxic laundry detergent, jar of avocado mayo, pound of organic cacao powder super food, or free jar of raw honey. Decision, decisions!! ?
- Annmarie Skin Care – Your skin is a sponge, and the chemicals in conventional skin care products contain toxins that have been linked to a myriad of health conditions. My friends at Annmarie are offering $10 sample kits + $10 coupon just for the Dr. Z tribe!
- Wholetones Healing Frequencies Music – Using sound frequency to heal the mind and body is becoming a popular topic in the research community. Having been used for thousands of years in the form of ritual chants, this Christian-based music therapy has helped thousands of people by addressing the root cause of disease
- Shared Health Care Coverage – If you're like me, you're completely fed up with the current health care insurance model. Thankfully, I was introduced to Samaritan Ministries (a Biblical, non-insurance approach to health care needs) a while back. I cannot begin to tell you how much of a blessing this organization has been for my family and I, and I whole-heartedly refer them to all my friends and family. Please be sure to tell them that I referred you!
- Air Purifier – Far too many people take for granted that every breath we take will either give us Abundant Life-giving gasses like nitrogen and oxygen, or fill our lungs with pollutants. Make sure you get a purifier that filters out mold and other allergens!
- Water Purifier – Last, but certainly not least is pure water. We were not designed by God to consume the harmful impurities that are found in processed, tap water. Whatever your budget can afford (sink mount, shower filter or an entire house system), start purifying your water today!
Supplements and Natural Remedies
Like the Bible says, “The leaves of the trees are the healing of the nations,” and we have personally experienced wonderful results when using these natural remedies and supplements to keep our family healthy and strong! There are few products I recommend in this category as we've found most supplements to be useless – riddled with harmful fillers and manufactured in such a way that your body cannot properly absorb the ingredients. Essentially, most people pee and poop their money away because they're taking supplements that are undigested!
These items, however, will not only give your body essential nutrition that you cannot get in your normal diet, they have been formulated to ensure you benefit from taking them!
From the Bill Henderson Cancer Protocol
~ Bill Henderson, “Cancer-Free” page 112
- Barley Grass
- Beta Glucan
- BetaKIDS Beta Glucan Chewables
- Essential Oils (To find out how to best to choose a brand, CLICK HERE
- Flax Oil
- Green Tea Extract
- Heart to Heart Essential Amino Acids
- Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C
- Liposomal Turmeric Extract
- Matcha Green Tea
- Super Colon Cleanse (Capsules)
- Super Colon Cleanse (Powder)
- Vitamin D3
When You Don't Have Time to DIY
If you're like most people, you have all the best intentions in the world, but the 24 hours you have in a day just doesn't cut it sometimes when you're trying to be Super Dad & Wonder Mom. When you're under a time-cruch and can't make all of your home and body products by hand, these are some good items you can trust. This is where your Thrive Market Membership will come handy – plus, the prices are great!
- Annmarie Skin Care ($10 sample kits + $10 coupon for Dr. Z fans!)
- Herbal Foot Salve
- Herbal Salve (Ancient Soother)
- Herbal Salve (Balm of Gilead)
- Herbal Salve (Calendula Comfrey )
Products on Amazon
- Baby Hair Conditioner
- Baby Powder
- Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
- Body Wash – African Black Soap
- Kid-Friendly Lice Prevention Shampoo & Conditioner
- Kid-Friendly Lice Prevention Conditioning Spray
- Lotion – Frankincene & Myrrh
- Lotion – Shea Butter
- Shampoo (Aubrey's Organics)
- Soap – Bar
- Soap – Liquid (Black Soap
- Soap – Liquid (Unscented)
- Soap – All-Purpose (Kids)
- Witch Hazel Toner (Alcohol-free)
Products at Thrive
- Baby Wash (Earth Mama Angel Baby)
- Conditioner (Desert Essence)
- Hair Styling (Giovanni)
- Shampoo (Desert Essence)
- Soap – Bar (Auromere Ayurvedic Products, Dr. Bronner's & Nubian Heritage)
- Soap – Liquid (Dr. Bronner's)
- Toothpaste (Auromere Ayurvedic Products, Dr. Bronner's, Redmond Clay
If you've read Mama Z's Kitchen Makeover Guide you know we have some food allergies and health concerns that require we're a little extra picky about our ingredients. My wife has created this list of healthy substitutions for every day pantry items. From gluten free flour to dark chocolate chips, you'll be baking healthy goodies in no time!
- All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- Almond Butter
- Almond Flour
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Baking Powder – aluminum free
- Baking Soda
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Cacoa Powder
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Milk (Native Forest – Organic, Unsweetened)
- Coconut Sugar/Crystals
- Egg Replacer
- Enjoy Life Mini Chips – dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free
- Flax Meal
- Gluten Free Quick Oats
- Grade C Maple Syrup
- Lilly's Dark Chocolate Chips – vegan
- Liquid Stevia
- Manuka Honey
- Mason Jars for Storage
- Mayonnaise (Avocado Oil)
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Fair Trade Sugar
- Organic Vanilla Bean Powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Powdered Stevia
- Psyllium Husk Fiber
- Ujido Matcha Green Tea
- Vanilla Liquid Stevia
- Vegetable Boullion
When you're using fresh produce in your recipes, baking your own bread, and making your own juice you'll want some high quality kitchen tools! We love these particular small appliances and gadgets and have found multiple uses for each!
- Citrus Juicer
- Food Processor
- Immersion Blender
- Juicer – small
- Juicer – large
- Juicer – option 2
- Loaf Pans
- Magic Bullet
- Xtrema Ceramic Cookware
So, you're using pure essential oils and you're ready to start making some of your own DIY body care products! You want to be as careful about your carrier oils and other ingredients as you are with your essential oils. These are some of our personal favorites.
Carrier Oils + Body Care Ingredients
- All-Purpose Carrier Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Argan Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Camellia Seed Oil
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Evening Primrose
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Hazelnut Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Meadowfoam Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Sunflower Oil (Organic)
- Aloe Vera Gel (fresh frozen, 100% organic and pure))
- Aloe Vera Gel (99.75% organic and pure)
- Bath Crystals
- Bayberry Wax
- Bentonite Clay
- Candelilla Wax
- Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap
- Epsom Salt
- Guar Gum
- Kokum Butter
- Mango Butter
- Shea Butter – unrefined
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Vitamin E
- Yellow Beeswax
- Zinc Oxide Powder
We're asked a lot about our favorite essential oils diffuser and the bottles, jars, and dispensers we talk about in our DIY recipes. This list is a compilation of some of our most-used items!
DIY & Aromatherapy Tools
- Amber Glass Essential Oil Bottle – 5 ml
- Amber Glass Vials – 5/8 Dram
- Cobalt Glass Bottles with Pump Tops – 4oz
- Cobalt Glass Bottles with Stainless Steel Pumps – 8oz
- Cobalt Glass pump Bottle with Chalkboard Labels – 8oz
- Coloring – Brown (Cinnamon Powder)
- Coloring – Light Bronze (Turmeric Powder)
- Coloring – Red (Beet Powder)
- Diffuser Reeds
- Enteric Coated Capsules
- Essential Oil Aromaclay
- Essential Oil Aromatherapy Wraps
- Essential Oil Diffusers
- Essential Oils Carrying Cases
- Essential Oil Pillow Pets
- Glass Eye Dropper
- Glass Foaming Soap Dispenser Pump
- Glass Jar – 4oz
- Glass Roller Bottle – 1/8 ounce
- Glass Roller Bottle – 5ml
- Glass Salve Jar – 2oz
- Glass Spray Bottle – 2oz
- Glass Spray Bottle – 4oz
- Glass Spray Bottle – 16oz
- Inhaler Tubes
- Locking Amber Spray Bottle
- Mason Jar Foaming Soap Dispenser Top
- Mason Jars for Storage
Books & Resources
As you grow in your understanding of Biblical health, your library will certainly grow with you! It's exciting to see all of the books that are available to us today, but things can get quickly overwhelming for the beginner. To help narrow down the vast selection, here are some favorites that will prove to be valuable resources to help you master all 7 Key Areas of the Abundant Life.
Living a balanced life in all 7 areas is the true definition of “Biblical Health!”
- Spiritual Abundance – Having a thriving relationship with your Creator.
- Physical Abundance – Maintaining a strong, healthy body.
- Mental Abundance – Being intellectually sound and having the Mind of Christ.
- Emotional Abundance – Being at peace and enjoying a balance of healthy feelings.
- Financial Abundance – Having enough to provide for your family and to be BIG givers.
- Occupational Abundance – Truly enjoying the work of your hands.
- Social Abundance – Fostering deep, mutually beneficial relationships with friends, family and people that you encounter every day.
- The Truth About Essential Oils and Cancer
- Heal Your Gut With Essential Oils
- Using God's Medicine for the Abundant Life: An Evidence-Based Approach to Essential Oils
- Beat Cancer God's Way
- FREE Essential Oils Club
- Essential Oils Club Inner Circle
- Essential Oils Revolution
- Essential Oils Revolution 2
- Heal Your Gut Summit
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Miracle Health System
- Bragg Back Fitness Program
- Bragg Healthy Lifestyle: Vital Living to 120!
- Build Powerful Nerve Force: Cure for the Dull Dragged-Out Hopeless, Helpless Life
- Build Strong Healthy Feet: Banish Aches & Pains
- Healthy Heart: Keep Your Cardiovascular System Healthy & Fit at Any Age
- Super Power Breathing: For Super Energy, High Health & Longevity
- The Miracle of Fasting: Proven Throughout History for Physical, Mental, & Spiritual Rejuvenation
- Vegetarian Health Recipes: For Super Energy & Long Life to 120!
- Water: The Shocking Truth That can Save Your Life
A – Z Health Resources
- Bible Cure Series (Don Colbert, MD)
- Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professions 2nd Edition
- Food Allergies and Food Intolerance: The Complete Guide to Their Identification and Treatment
- Pat Crocker's Recipe and DIY Series (Including How to Preserve, Healing Herbs, Juicing Bible, Smoothie Bible, etc.)
- Prescription for Nutrition Healing
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- The Encyclopedia of Medical Breakthroughs and Forbidden Treatments
- The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook: A Home Manual
- Truth About Cancer: The Quest for the Cure
Other Biblical Health Resources
- Dr. Z's Morning Refill: One-Minute Pick-Me-Up for the Soul Devotional
- Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money: The Handbook of Financial Peace University
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- My Utmost for His Highest
- Power of Prayer Series (Stormie Omartian)
- Supernatural Childbirth
- The Bait of Satan, 20th Anniversary Edition: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
- The Bondage Breaker®: Overcoming *Negative Thoughts *Irrational Feelings *Habitual Sins
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Torrey's How to Pray
- Torrey's New Topical Textbook
- Torrey's The Power of Prayer
- Victory Over the Darkness: Realize the Power of Your Identity in Christ