Essential Oil Cancer Protocol
Before I dive into a sample Essential Oil Cancer Protocol, it's important to keep in mind this truth about cancer and essential oils… It's important to realize that natural therapies can and, in my opinion, SHOULD be used in conjunction with conventional medicine (unless obvious contraindications are present). It's not an all-or-nothing thing. Meaning this – people oftentimes tell me they feel that they only have two options:
- Either go the “all-natural” route,
- Or, follow the allopathic model.
But this is NOT the case! Many don't realize that a balanced-approach works well too, and may even be more effective than one or the other. In the words of a 2014 article in the journal BioMed Research International, (1) EOs have also been reported to improve the quality of life of the cancer patients by lowering the level of their agony . EOs-mediated therapy cannot be a substitute to the standard chemotherapy and radiotherapy but can be used in combination with cancer therapy to decrease the side effects of the drugs. Hence, EOs can be used for improving the health of the cancer patients and as a source of novel anticancer compounds….Use of the EOs as dietary supplements and coadministration with drugs can enhance the response to the treatment.
This last sentence is REALLY important! Like I always say, everything is better with oils. Even chemo! My personal recommendation is to work with an oncologist who is open-minded to alternative therapies, and find the right protocol for YOU!
An Important Not
Essential oils are transdermal and work at the cellular level, and each species has distinct properties that can help cancer patients. Also, please recognize that specific species that a given company sells will NOT be addressed in this protocol, and we cannot correlate these data to species that your favorite brand(s) may sell. However, the chemical constituents in various species are so similar, that it is quite possible that all of the species will contain similar properties.
Also, let's remember peer-reviewed articles discuss the success clinical researchers have experienced in using various essentials oils to prevent, stop and even reverse the growth of various cancer lines in animal and human cell studies. It is important to keep in mind that a vast majority of these studies are based off of cells in a petri dish. Subsequently, many experts and critics of using essential oils for cancer therapy insist that we cannot extrapolate the data from these studies to live, in vivo cancer patients. Even though there is merit to what these people say, let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.
In my opinion, the burden of proof is on the critic in this case. Thousands of thousands of testimonials and case studies alone should awaken us to the realization that EOs can be quite effective in helping cancer patients.
Essential Oils Cancer Protocol
Below is an easy-to-follow essential oil cancer protocol based off of several peer-reviewed clinical studies that I have researched, as well as countless hours of helping cancer patients all over the globe.
After combing through the research, I have found that several oils in addition to frankincense have the ability to trigger tumor apoptosis (“programmed cell death”) and enhance immunity. You will find some ways to use oils below. Be sure to consult with your physician before following these suggestions, particularly if you're taking chemotherapy or any other pharmaceutical medications.
- Apply diluted Immunity / Cellular Rejuvenation Blend directly on tumor location, and bottoms of feet and along the spine twice daily.
- Remember to mix it up – we want to keep the cancer guessing and we don't want to promote resistance. Consider mixing up the protocol every other week.
- Always be sure to dilute with a carrier oil using these conversions:
- 1% dilution: 6 drops of EO per oz of carrier oil
- 2% dilution: 12 drops of EO per oz of carrier oil
- 3% dilution: 18 drops of EO per oz of carrier oil
- 5% dilution: 30 drops of EO per oz of carrier
If working with tablespoons are more comfortable for you, 1 oz. = 2 tablespoons.
- 1% dilution: 3 drops of EO per tablespoon of carrier oil
- 2% dilution: 6 drops of EO per tablespoon of carrier oil
- 3% dilution: 9 drops of EO per tablespoon of carrier oil
- 3% dilution: 9 drops of EO per tablespoon of carrier oil
- 5% dilution: 15 drops of EO per tablespoon of carrier
- To help boost immunity and as a cancer prevention technique, add 1 drop of frankincense oil or your favorite immunity blend in 1 teaspoon of carrier oil (like coconut), and consume first thing in the morning.
- This is not intended to be a longterm solution and should only be utilized for 2-3 weeks at a time. Discontinue use immediately upon signs of adverse reactions.
- Put 2-3 drops in a soft gel capsule and fill an edible carrier like olive or coconut to prevent esophageal irritation.
- Add 3 drops each of frankincense and myrrh oils to a diffuser.
- Find what works best for you. Listen to your body, and see how you react to varying mixtures.
- Diffuse 3-5 drops Immunity / Cellular Rejuvenation Blend to promote immune function
- Diffuse 1 drops each Lavender, Chamomile, and Sandalwood at night to promote healthy sleep.
- Diffuse 3-5 drops of your personalized Joyful Blend (see below) throughout the day.
- Be sure to include Melissa, which has been shown clinically to help with brain tumors like glioblastoma. (2, 3)
- Promotes positive mood. As the ancient proverb goes, “A happy heart does good like medicine,” and we cannot discount the psychogenic aspects of health and wellness
Miscellaneous Useful Tips
- Anti-Inflammatory — Mix 15 drops of anti-inflammatory oils with 1 oz of a carrier oil and apply over problem areas.
- “Liquid Morphine”/Anti-Inflammatory — Consume 1 drop frankincense, lemongrass, and marjoram in gel cap up twice per day. Not intended for longterm use.
- Healthy Gut Function — Apply 3% dilution of your favorite Digestion Blend (see below) over abdomen. Adding some black pepper can enhance effectiveness.
- Colds/Flus — Take 2-3 drops of Immunity / Cellular Rejuvenation Blend twice daily in a gel capsule. Be sure to fill capsule with an edible carrier oil.
- Immune Support — Apply 3% dilution of Immunity / Cellular Rejuvenation Blend to abdomen and bottom of feet diluted. Diffuse 4-5 drops Immunity / Cellular Rejuvenation Blend throughout the day.
- Respiratory Support — Diffuse 4-5 drops of your favorite Respiratory Support Blend (see below), and apply directly on chest.
- Pain Relief — Apply 3% dilution of your favorite Muscle Soothing Blend (see below), topically as needed to ease sore muscles, arthritic joints and for headaches.
To make an Immunity / Cellular Rejuvenation Blend, combine equal parts of several of the oils below. There is no “magic formula.” You'll need to find something that works for you.
- Black Pepper
- Clary Sage
- Tea Tree
To make a Joyful Blend, combine equal parts of several of the oils below. There is no “magic formula.” You'll need to find something that works for you.
- Citrus Oils (bergamot, clementine, grapefruit, lemon, lime, neroli, sweet orange, tangerine, yuzu etc.)
- Lemon myrtle
- Ylang ylang
To make a Digestion Blend, combine equal parts of several of the oils below. There is no “magic formula.” You'll need to find something that works for you.
To make a Respiratory Support Blend, combine equal parts of the oils below. There is no “magic formula.” You'll need to find something that works for you.
To make a Muscle Soothing Blend, combine equal parts of several of the oils below. There is no “magic formula.” You'll need to find something that works for you.
- Balsam/White Fir
- Clary Sage
The Truth About Cancer & Essential Oils
To learn more about The Truth About Cancer and Essential Oils click the banner below…
- Composite Essential Oils and Cancer Studies
- Cinnamon Oil and Cancer Studies
- Clove Oil and Cancer Studies
- Frankincense Oil and Cancer Studies
- Lemongrass Oil and Cancer Studies
- Melissa Oil and Cancer Studies
- Sandalwood Oil and Cancer Studies
- Thyme Oil and Cancer Studies
Breast Cancer Specific Research
- Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Oregano and Breast Cancer
- Cardamom and Breast Cancer
- Fennel and Breast Cancer
- Clary Sage and Breast Cancer
- Frankincense and Breast Cancer
- Melaleuca and Breast Cancer
- Helichrysum and Breast Cancer
- Oregano and Breast Cancer (Study 1)
- Oregano and Breast Cancer (Study 2)
- Peppermint and Breast Cancer
- Rosemary and Breast Cancer
- Thyme and Breast Cancer
Safety & Contraindications
Are you sure you're using essential oils safely and effectively? Are you confused by dilutions and conversions?
Let me help take out the guesswork and download my FREE roller bottle guide HERE.
When it comes to drug interactions and contraindications, there are literally textbooks devoted to the study of essential oil safety and, as a trained researcher and doctor, I think it’s important to note that there is virtually no research out there discussing how essential oils interact with drugs in human clinical trials. This means that essential oil safety is still a wild frontier in the science community and no one really knows (for certain) how essential oils will interact with drugs or your body.
Nonetheless, properly diluting your essential oils is fundamental to safety and effectiveness because they are highly concentrated plant compounds. To help you along your journey, I have a created an easy-to-use dilution guide that you can download for FREE to make sure that all of your topical applications are safe and effective for the entire family.
CLICK HERE to download my free EO Roller Bottle Dilution Chart!
As with as medicine and natural therapies, this is only a guide and be sure to discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur and consult your physician immediately.