Blood Sugar Balancing Body Oil
Can essential oils be used to manage blood sugar levels? Research says they can! This is great news for diabetics who struggle daily with inconsistent blood sugar levels.
Essential Oils for Blood Sugar Synergy
One of the most intriguing things about essential oils is the effect of synergy, which is the phenomenon in which combinations of oils work together to make even stronger effects. That’s why we’re so frequently making blends and formulas of oils rather than just using one here and another there. Teamwork makes the dream work, right?
One prominent study out of Georgetown in 2005 took note of the benefits of synergy when they studied essential oils and diabetes. Instead of isolating a single oil for their research, they experimented with blends of multiple oils that have been suggested as beneficial for diabetes (source):
- Blend 1 was composed of pumpkinseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin and fennel.
- Blend 2 was composed of pumpkinseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin, myrtle,
allspice and ginger.
- Blend 3 was composed of pumpkinseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin and myrtle.
All of the blends were able to improve insulin sensitivity when taken internally, which can be replicated by including oil blends diluted into a carrier and consumed in capsules, drinks, and recipes. Alternatively, you can create a body oil and apply for similar results!
For even more information, check out my article on 6 Ways to Use Essential Oils for Diabetes Management.
Make Your Own Blood Sugar Balancing Body Oil
- Drop essential oils into a medium glass bowl.
- Add in carrier oil and mix.
- Between blood sugar tests, massage over abdomen and lower back twice a day for one month.
- Store in glass jar or in a lotion dispenser.