Immune Boosting Shot
My husband, Dr. Z, put together this immune boosting shot and the kids love it! It is perfect to use when you sense a cold coming on, or as a preventative. When our bodies are stressed during weather changes, family vacations or during a time you are exposed to crowds of people carrying germs, it is a good thing to keep your immune system in mind. By taking this immune boosting shot, you can help keep away those pesky viruses.
DIY Immune Boosting Shot
Who will complain about taking a dose of delicious raw honey in the morning? Plus, I love some pumpkin spice – it gives the immune boosting shot a nice flavor.
When it comes to dosage and practical advice, keep in mind that you don't want to develop resistance and you never want to do anything every single day. Think in terms of the seasons created by God, and how all our produce is not naturally available year round.
When I took antibiotics because I came down with a horrible case of pneumonia that nothing natural could knock it out I did this:
- I took my immune shot twice a day starting a few days before and then for a week after.
- I applied the immune blend listed below on my feet (diluted with a carrier oil)
- I made sure I diffused sleepy time oils (lavender, chamomile, etc…) to get a good night’s sleep.
- I oil pulled every day with this immune blend.
- I loaded up on multi-strain probiotics.
- I didn’t eat meat for a couple weeks to give my digestive system a break.
- And I drank lots of freshly squeezed, nutrient dense juice.
- Mix together in a glass bowl and enjoy twice daily at the onset of a cold, or once per day for prevention.
- Wash down with pure, filtered water.
- Be sure to not use for more than two weeks at a time.
* It is not recommended to add this mixture to hot tea because this will kill the enzymes in the honey and can alter the composition of the essential oils and vitamin C. If you want to add to your tea, make sure it is cooled down to room temp.
Safety & Contraindications
Are you sure you're using essential oils safely and effectively? Are you confused by dilutions and conversions?
Let me help take out the guesswork and download my FREE roller bottle guide HERE.
When it comes to drug interactions and contraindications, there are literally textbooks devoted to the study of essential oil safety and, as a trained researcher and doctor, I think it’s important to note that there is virtually no research out there discussing how essential oils interact with drugs in human clinical trials. This means that essential oil safety is still a wild frontier in the science community and no one really knows (for certain) how essential oils will interact with drugs or your body.
Nonetheless, properly diluting your essential oils is fundamental to safety and effectiveness because they are highly concentrated plant compounds. To help you along your journey, I have a created an easy-to-use dilution guide that you can download for FREE to make sure that all of your topical applications are safe and effective for the entire family.
As with as medicine and natural therapies, this is only a guide and be sure to discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur and consult your physician immediately.