Guys, do you have sensitive skin? If so, you probably use an aftershave spray or lotion after you shaves to help soothe your skin. The problem with store bought aftershaves is they often contain toxic ingredients and synthetic fragrances that aren't as gentle as they seem! It's time to switch to a natural aftershave!
Ladies, if you're like me, you like your man clean-shaven. I hate it when his whiskers scratch me, don't you?!? Well, if your man hates shaving because it hurts or because his skin is too sensitive, make him a batch of this stuff. It works! You can make this one yourself super easy with your guy's favorite essential oils.
Natural Aftershave: Cream or Spray?
Ladies, which should you make for your guy?
How about you do a little snooping in the bathroom and see which he's already using. If you don't already have his scent memorized, smell the product. What does it smell like? This will help you decide which oils to use. Woodsy scent? You'll want to try some sandalwood or cedar.
Then, make one of these recipes and surprise your favorite man with something to pamper his face!
Two Natural Aftershave Recipes with Essential Oils
- Put emulsifying wax, carrier oil, and vitamin E oil together into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. (double boilers work perfect)
- While melting, measure the aloe vera juice, witch hazel, and glycerin into a small glass cup or jar, warming them a little if needed, and stir to combine.
- Once oils are melted, add the liquids and heat everything just enough to ensure everything is melted and mixed well.
- Remove from the heat and whisk continually as the mixture cools. You'll need to keep whisking until the lotion is thick, creamy, and a little frothy. Whisk in the essential oils last.
- Store this in a little glass jar, or a pump bottle for easy dispensing!
- Combine all ingredients and keep in a dark glass spray bottle.
- Spray onto hands and pat face after shaving to soothe skin.
Ladies, Want to Pamper Your Guy Some More?
And, for all you guys who enjoy a nice “spa day” now and again, I know you're reading this. No one is going to take away your man card for getting pampered once and a while. 😉
Safety & Drug Interactions
Are you sure you're using essential oils safely and effectively? Are you confused by dilutions and conversions?
Let me help you by taking out the guesswork. Download my FREE dilution chart guide HERE!
When it comes to drug interactions and contraindications, there are literally textbooks devoted to the study of essential oil safety and, as a trained researcher and doctor, I think it’s important to note that there is virtually no research out there discussing how essential oils interact with drugs in long-term human clinical trials. This means that essential oil safety is still a wild frontier in the science community and no one really knows (for certain) how essential oils will interact with drugs or your body.
Nonetheless, properly diluting your essential oils is fundamental to safety and effectiveness because they are highly concentrated plant compounds. To help you along your journey, I have a created an easy-to-use dilution guide that you can download for FREE to make sure that all of your topical applications are safe and effective for the entire family.
CLICK HERE to download my free Essential Oils Dilution Chart!
As with as medicine and natural therapies, this is only a guide and be sure to discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur and consult your physician immediately.