Overcoming Thyroid Disease and Autoimmunity | Episode #024
There are a lot of folks out there that are looking into thyroid conditions because of unexplained symptoms: weight loss, weight gain, hormone imbalance, sleeplessness, cancer, you name it. Folks like Shannon are just a diamond in this darkness that we’re dealing with. There’s so much out there that people are battling. So listen to this podcast, follow Shannon and her work. She’s a lovely individual, loves the Lord, and her story’s pretty powerful too.
About Shannon Garrett
She is a thyroid and autoimmune women’s wellness specialist, integrative registered nurse, holistic lifestyle and wellness coach, certified nurse nutritionist, and detox specialist. That’s a mouthful because she’s very busy and helps a lot of people. Shannon is absolutely passionate about guiding and supporting women to discover optimal well being, mind, body, spirit, and emotions. In my opinion, most importantly, she’s a Christian. She offers a unique program and VIP days specifically for autoimmune and thyroid issues. She works in tandem with your healthcare practitioner or wellness team. You can find her at ShannonGarrettWellness.com.
- 2:37 Learn about Shannon Garrett of ShannonGarrettWellness.com
- 6:03 Shannon shares the story of her health struggles and her journey to diagnosis of Hashimoto’s and other ailments
- 9:55 Shannon delves into the emotional, psychological, social, and spiritual impacts of living with chronic disease
- 13:59 Dr. Z and Shannon discuss why even the perfect diet and the perfect supplement regimen may not be enough
- 19:35 Our part and God’s part in our healing journey
- 24:00 How to sift through the myriad of information out there, especially when working with a health coach is not in the budget
- 25:56 Shannon shares her pick for an online thyroid Facebook group
- 26:13 Discover what the top signs and symptoms of autoimmunity are
Listen to Episode #024 Here!