Allergy Free Butternut Squash Souffle
This is a very special butternut squash souffle recipe from my Aunt Sandy that is cherished in my family. I converted it into a healthier allergy-friendly version that all of your guests can enjoy.
The finished product is a smooth and creamy soufflé that is perfect for fall entertaining.
Allergy Free Butternut Squash Souffle Recipe
- 2 cups cooked mashed butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 5 - 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons organic non-GMO cornstarch
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 ¼ cups full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- ½ cup organic butter or coconut oil, melted
- Slivered almonds for garnish
- Combine squash, salt, syrup, and cornstarch.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, whipping cream, and butter.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into squash mixture.
- Pour onto buttered 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
If you can’t find a healthy non-dairy whipping cream, click here for my recipe and make your own!
Here are some more Thanksgiving inspired recipes that are great for fall.