Candida-Friendly Chocolate with Lavender and Goji Berries
How would you like to make a chocolate bar that is not only good for you, but fights candida? This candida-friendly chocolate with lavender and goji berries is a delicious alternative to unhealthy sugar laden chocolates. And it's pretty too, so make some up and give to your girlfriends as gifts, then enjoy your favorite treat without guilt.
Make Your Own Candida-Friendly Chocolate with Lavender and Goji Berries
A study that appeared in Scientifica, an Open Access compared the use of lavender essential oil to clotrimazole on vaginal candidiasis. (source) What the study showed was that in the first 48 hours of infection that clotrimazole had more effect than the lavender essential Oil, but that after 48 hours, there was no difference between the effects. What this tell us is that lavender
has a positive effect on fungi infections especially those that are yeast-like.
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 drops stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw goji berries
- 1 drop lavender oil
- Grate the cocoa butter until it is shredded into small pieces.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler or place the cocoa butter a small saucepan on top of a pot of boiling water.
- When the cocoa butter is completely melted, removed it from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, liquid stevia and lavender oil. Mix well until combined and ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Use a spoon to pour the liquid chocolate into a silicon chocolate mold. Top the liquid chocolate with a few goji berries.
- Let the chocolate chill for an hour in the refrigerator until it is firm before removing it from the silicon mold and serving.