Cruciferous Veggie Vegan Coleslaw
Most people have never of the term “cruciferous vegetables,” but you are probably eating them every day! Not only are they arguably the healthiest foods on the planet, epidemiological data suggest that they literally protect you from cancer! Seriously, they're no joke! Here are some of the common ones that you're probably familiar with.
- Bok Choy
- Brussel Sprouts
- Collard Greens
- Mustard greens
What's our favorite way to add cruciferous veggies into our diet? By making the following vegan coleslaw recipe. It's awesome! Try it for your next picnic or family get-together!
Vegan Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 (12-ounce) bag Broccoli Slaw OR 1 small head of cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup organic kale or collards finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup apples, chopped (1 large apple) 1 cup of your favorite dressing (below)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine your choice of slaw, raisins, chopped walnuts, and diced apples.
- Add dressing and mix thoroughly.
How about you? Do YOU have any vegan coleslaw recipes to share?