Sam’s Easy Bruschetta Recipe
This bruschetta is bursting with bold, robust Italian flavors. Serve alongside my Easy Crockpot Lasagna.
This tasty treat is my middle sister’s recipe. She says the topping can be put together ahead of time and refrigerated. Her family loves it on top of grilled chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, homemade pizza and many other ways. Her recipe was featured in Simple and Delicious magazine in August/September 2011 and Taste of Home’s 2012 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes Cookbook. It’s awesome and a family favorite, so I wanted to make an allergy-friendly version for everyone to enjoy.
Allergy Friendly, Easy Bruschetta Recipe? Sure!
This recipe can be used on top of gluten-free bread with Daiya cheese as your dairy-free option. And it’s also fabulous on top of salads and even over fresh pasta. Sometimes, if I make pasta with pesto sauce, I add this as a topping along with Daiya cheese. This is also amazingly good if you want to make bruschetta pizza. We like it with a pesto or a red sauce base, and then the bruschetta on top.
In the summer, my sister makes this recipe ahead using allergy-friendly ingredients, and we each add our own cheese and the whole family enjoys it together. So if you have family gatherings where some are dairy-free and others aren’t this is great!!!
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Daiya Mozzarella style shreds or Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pink Himalayan sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 gluten-free baguette (8.4 ounces), cut into half-inch slices
- ¼ cup raw/organic butter or raw organic coconut oil, softened
- 8 ounces Daiya Mozzarella style shreds or fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Spread baguette slices with butter. Top each with Daiya Mozzarella style shreds or fresh mozzarella cheese slice/s.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture.
How do you serve bruschetta? As an appetizer, or a side dish? I've been to many social events, including weddings, where bruschetta was served as an appetizer. It feels so fancy served with some sparkling cider!