Gene’s Dairy Free Scalloped Potatoes
This dairy free scalloped potatoes recipe makes a delicious creamy dish. You won’t even miss the milk! The original recipe came from the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. Our close family friend adapted it for their needs, and we adapted it for ours! We do use grass fed butter in our house, but you can easily use coconut oil instead to make it truly dairy free.
Gene’s Dairy Free Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 8 potatoes, pared and thinly sliced (8 cups) or can easily be put through a thin sliced option on the food processor (use a combination of organic sweet & red potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion or 2 tablespoons dried
- 4 tablespoons organic butter or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan sea salt
- 4 cups coconut milk
- Combine the sweet and red potatoes so each type are evenly distributed.
- Place half the potatoes in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover with half the onion and half the sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 325°F for 2 hours.
What is your favorite way to cook potatoes?
Here are some more healthy and delicious side dish recipes you can try!