Healthy Baked Apple Pancakes
Looking for healthy breakfast ideas? Nothing beats gluten free baked apple pancakes for breakfast!
Some of the fondest memories I have as a child are in the kitchen and I’ve tried to build that relationship with my kids as well…
Sundays at our house we try to enjoy a special breakfast or brunch after church. It’s a family tradition that the kids love. Usually Mama Z makes up her famous gluten free waffles and I’ll fry up some eggs and turkey bacon. Sometimes, we’ll mix it up and have a quiche. When Mama Z’s not home, I like to let my creative genius flow!
Make Mealtime A Family Event
We do ALL kinds of fun and messy stuff at home when Mama’s not around. The kids love it and so do I, as long as we clean up before Mama gets home!!
Here’s our newest family creation: Apple Pancakes with coconut milk Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream for breakfast!
Healthy Baked Apple Pancakes Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In Magic Bullet or blender grind flaxseed, oats, chia seeds, ¼ teaspoon powdered stevia, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, and dash of sea salt until evenly mixed.
- Combine together with gluten free flour in a bowl.
- Blend eggs and milk in separate bowl.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Melt butter, coconut oil, or a mixture of the two into a 9 inch round glass baking dish
- Spread apples on bottom of pan sprinkling stevia and pumpkin pie spice on the apples.
- Pour pancake batter on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of oven and immediately flip upside down on a plate to cool.
- * For crispy apples, an alternative method is to put the batter in first, then layer the apples on top.
What dishes do YOU like to make with YOUR kids?
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out some of our other favorite breakfast recipes!