Mama Z’s Red-Green Superfood Smoothie
Ready to get your green on? This superfood smoothie recipe may be bright red thanks to the beet, but it uses Dr. Z’s Super Greens Powder, plus some amazing anti-oxidant rich fresh fruits, veggies, and seeds. The banana and avocado lend a smooth texture, and if you want the smoothie cold and refreshing, you can use frozen ingredients! Throw it all in your Vitamix and you’ll have a super-healthy meal on the go.
- 1-2 tablespoons super greens powder
- 1 banana
- 1 whole lemon (peel and all!)
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful berries
- 1 handful cubed pineapple
- ½ whole beet
- 1 handful fresh greens (organic kale, collards, etc)
- 1 T ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 T chia seed (optional)
- 1 T hemp hearts (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in Vitamix, add enough water so that the ingredients are all submerged in water and blend until smooth. Voila!
Want to try some other smoothie recipes?
Here are a few more of our favorite smoothie recipes for summer. These make great snacks for the whole family, or quick and healthy breakfasts for those busy mornings before school.