Savory Homemade Stuffing
There's nothing like a good homemade stuffing – or, if you prefer, homemade dressing – for Thanksgiving dinner. This stuffing is savory with a hint of sweet apple and a satisfying blend of healthy herbs. Serve alongside my homemade gravy recipe.
Homemade Stuffing Recipe
- ¾ cup minced onion
- 1½ cups celery, chopped (stalks and leaves)
- 1 cup organic butter or coconut oil, or a combination of both
- 2 apples, chopped - one Granny Smith and one gala
- 9 cups soft gluten-free bread cubes cut from homeade or store bought healthy gluten-free bread
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Herbes de Provence or crushed sage leaves*
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (omit if you use Herbes de Provence)
- Vegetable broth for consistency
- Sautee the onion and celery in the butter or coconut oil until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Fold in the onion and celery.
- Spread the mixture into a large oiled casserole dish.
- Bake on 350°F in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
Here are some more of our favorite side dish recipes for you to enjoy!