The Thyroid Secret
The butterfly shaped thyroid gland has received a lot of attention lately as autoimmune disease skyrockets, and for good reason, and if you’re one of the tens of millions of people suffering, you need to read this.
I have a friend named Sue, and her story needs to be told.
First off, her name isn’t really Sue, but I call her that for the sake of anonymity. Just had to put that out there so you knew that I honor my patient’s privacy. 🙂
Secondly, she’s a so-called medical miracle and she claims essential oils saved her life. No, I cannot prove it, but I’m not willing to call her a liar as I’m sure you wouldn’t either if you knew her like I do.
Her story is shared by the many who have learned how to overcome thyroid disease, an epidemic that plagues nearly 1 in 3 Americans. My colleagues and I have seen many of these “medical miracles” and we are telling The Thyroid Secret in an upcoming documentary series to do our part to stop the needless suffering of millions across the globe.
The Thyroid Secret starts March 1, 2017 and I’m so excited to let you know that YOU get EXCLUSIVE ACCESS for FREE by clicking here –> http://bit.ly/thethyroidsecret
A few years ago, something happened to Sue. We’re not sure what or when exactly, but her thyroid gland got messed up. Sorry, that’s the best technical term I can come up with for it because the medical doctors didn’t know what was going on, and she when she started to suffer from uncontrollable weight gain, hair loss, and insomnia they put her on levothyroxine sodium tablets (Synthyroid) because they noticed that she had low thyroid hormone levels.
She told me that Synthroid caused so many horrible side effects that she couldn’t handle it anymore and threw the drugs away and started to drink a ton of water and decided to “sweat it out” and detox.
Now, first off, this is NEVER recommended. Only discontinue the use of a hormone replacement (and any drug for that matter) under the guidance of a trained medical professional. But Sue didn’t do this because her doctor didn’t support natural living. So she decided to detox and was desperate for help.
When she asked me for help, all I could think about was her lack of sleep and, knowing how vital rest is for the body, I simply recommended that she diffuse some lavender and apply some on the bottoms of her feet before going to bed that night. If I could at least get her sleeping, I thought, then maybe her body and mind could start to repair and give her a chance to think clearly again. Brain fog is the worst and I was hoping she’d be in a better spot to make some wise decisions about how to move forward in this “detox.”
Well, the next day, Sue called me and was ecstatic. She told me that she slept a full night’s sleep for the first time in 5 years and wanted to know what else she could do to regain control of her health. We discussed an anti-inflammatory diet and I advised her to stay away from common triggers like grains, dairy and sugar and to start an exercise regimen.
At the time, I had heard of many stories of people applying diluted frankincense essential oil over their thyroid for hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s so I recommended this and Sue took my suggestions to heart and purchased a bunch of essential oils to fill her medicine cabinet.
We kept in touch off and on the next few weeks and steadily all of her symptoms started to disappear. She lost weight, the brain fog vanished, she enjoyed rejuvenating sleep every night, and her hair started to thicken.
Now, I cannot prove any of this and there’s no research to suggest why this happened, but I’m not willing to call Sue a liar. She’s a dear friend and I literally saw her life transform within weeks of using essential oils and modifying her diet.
- Could this be you?
- Do you have a similar story?
- Is your thyroid hormone “messed up?”
- Are you desperate for help?If so, please watch the docu-series that I’m featured in hosted by my buddy Dr. Izabella Wentz.
- Up to 27% of the general US population has thyroid antibodies indicative of Hashimoto’s.
- Hashimoto’s is the most common autoimmune condition associated with thyroid disease.
- Millions don’t know they have thyroid disease.
- In the US, the rates of thyroid cancer have doubled since the 90’s.
- Synthroid, a synthetic thyroid hormone, is the most common thyroid medication. It was #1 selling drug in the US the last three out of four years beating out painkillers and cancer medications.
- Over 250 million prescriptions for Synthroid were filled in 2014 in the US, making Synthroid the top selling drug in the whole country.
Dr. Wentz shared some of these stats with me and I was shocked. As a public health researcher, I try to stay on top of the most recent data on the most prevalent disease, but I had no idea that thyroid disease was so invasive!
- Nearly 30% of the general US population has thyroid antibodies indicative of Hashimoto’s.
- Hashimoto’s is the most common autoimmune condition liked with thyroid disease.
- In the United States, the rates of thyroid cancer have doubled since the 90’s.
- Synthroid, a synthetic thyroid hormone, is the most commonly prescribed thyroid medication. It was #1 selling drug in America the last three out of four years beating out painkillers and cancer medications.
- Over 250 million prescriptions for Synthroid were filled in 2014 in the U.S. alone, making Synthroid the top selling drug in the whole country.
And most shocking of all, literally millions of people are unaware that they have thyroid disease!
So, how can you tell if you’re one of the millions?
Well, it’s not easy, but taking a look at some signs and symptoms that you may be dismissing as “normal” is a good start.
Do you suffer from:
- Low libido
- Hair loss, thinning
- Weight gain (or cannot lose weight even after exercise and diet modification)
- Muscle and joint pain
- Cold hands and feet
- Brain fog, trouble concentrating
- Swollen neck
- Hoarse voice
- Dry, bitter nails
- Difficult menses, irregular periods
- Anxiety, depression
I know this sounds like a hodgepodge of issues, and it is, but the key is recognizing that these signs and symptoms are NOT normal.
The Thyroid Secret
The treatments offered by conventional medicine to thyroid patients (i.e. synthetic thyroid hormones, radioactive iodine, thyroid gland removal, etc.) often leave people with recurring symptoms and result in a progressive condition that continues to dominate their lives and leaves them sick, exhausted, depressed and struggling with their weight.
The Thyroid Secret will help to raise awareness about thyroid conditions (such as hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, Graves disease, nodules, thyroid cancer, hyperthyroidism and postpartum thyroiditis) as well as the interventions that get to the root cause of these conditions and can you recover your health.
Will you join me?
Click here –> http://bit.ly/thethyroidsecret