There are lots of natural toothpastes on the market, and recipes to make your own toothpaste or tooth powder. Our family likes this bentonite clay essential oil toothpaste recipe for a clean, healthy mouth!
Essential Oil Blends for Oral Care
Essential oils are great for oral health and these are some of our favorite blends:
- Lime, lemon, grapefruit
- Orange, clove, peppermint
- Cinnamon, clove, orange
- Chamomile and wintergreen
- Frankincense & myrrh
Note: The color of your finished product may vary depending on the color of your clay and the essential oils used.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Add carrier oil to the mixture gradually until well blended.
- While the food processor is still on, combine and add the essential oils all at once and process a few more seconds. Mixture should be granular and slightly damp.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid.
* No matter what allergies you may have, there's a carrier oil that's right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Avocado, Fractionated Coconut, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.
* Essential oils are great for oral health and these are some of our favorite blends:
Lime, lemon, grapefruit
Orange, clove, peppermint
Cinnamon, clove, orange
Chamomile and wintergreen
Frankincense & myrrh
Safety & Drug Interactions
Are you sure you're using essential oils safely and effectively? Are you confused by dilutions and conversions?
Let me help you by taking out the guesswork. Download my FREE dilution chart guide HERE!
When it comes to drug interactions and contraindications, there are literally textbooks devoted to the study of essential oil safety and, as a trained researcher and doctor, I think it’s important to note that there is virtually no research out there discussing how essential oils interact with drugs in long-term human clinical trials. This means that essential oil safety is still a wild frontier in the science community and no one really knows (for certain) how essential oils will interact with drugs or your body.
Nonetheless, properly diluting your essential oils is fundamental to safety and effectiveness because they are highly concentrated plant compounds. To help you along your journey, I have a created an easy-to-use dilution guide that you can download for FREE to make sure that all of your topical applications are safe and effective for the entire family.
CLICK HERE to download my free Essential Oils Dilution Chart!
As with as medicine and natural therapies, this is only a guide and be sure to discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur and consult your physician immediately.