We're going to transition to essential oils DIY bodycare, because this is really important. A lot of folks use essential oils as their replacement for the chemicals in lotions, potions, and products that are really causing havoc to our nervous system.
I want to introduce you to part 2 of the essential oils Q and A with Mama Z, where we talk about DIY. All about do it yourself stuff. And we discuss safety and other uses. What's better? Aromatic, topical, ingestion, we cover all that stuff and a couple health conditions.
And don't forget next week, because in episode number 27 of Biblical Health Radio, we're going to feature part three of this Q and A.
Why We Need to DIY
Just recently, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) finally issued a ruling that officially bans the use of triclocarban, triclosan, and 17 other dangerous chemicals in hand and body washes. These products have been marketed as being which being more effective than good ol’ fashioned soap and water and consumers have been mislead to purchasing them!
“Consumers may think antibacterial washes are more effective at preventing the spread of germs, but we have no scientific evidence that they are any better than plain soap and water,” Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) said. “In fact, some data suggests that antibacterial ingredients may do more harm than good over the long-term.”
Antibacterial product manufacturers have until 2017 to comply with the new law by removing all products from the market or that violate this ruling or remove antibacterial active ingredients. But this still isn't enough to keep us safe. Triclosan is still in countless other products like deodorants, antiperspirants, body spray and toothpastes. For a list of products that include triclosan, click HERE.
Simply put: antibacterial kill ALL the bacteria on your hands; including the GOOD bacteria you need for healthy skin and a properly functioning immune system. In fact, they have been shown to weaken your immune system!
- 0:34 Dr. Z recaps part one of this essential oil series, which he did with his wife,
- 2:41 Mama Z discusses her super simple DIY shampoo
- 4:03 Mama Z answers Pam's question about oils for the face and for the washer & dryer
- 5:23 Dr. Z discusses the varying degrees of effectiveness regarding ingestion, aromatherapy, and topical use for essential oils
- 9:31 Is it safe to ingest oils? Dr. Z explains
- 10:31 Mama Z answers Ginelle's question regarding what are the Zielinskis top favorite oils and how they use them
- 13:35 Are you a beginner looking for a few oils to start with? Mama Z shares her top oils for beginners
- 15:16 Mama Z shares essential oil uses for skin conditions
- 18:10 Episode wrap-up
Listen to Episode #026 Here!
You can watch all 3 parts of the Essential Oils Questions and Answers – about the basics, body care, essential oils DIY, health conditions, and more in this video: