Guys, do you have sensitive skin? If so, you probably use an aftershave spray or lotion after you shaves to help soothe your skin. The problem with store bought aftershaves is they often contain toxic ingredients and synthetic fragrances that aren't as gentle as they seem! It's time to switch to a natural aftershave!
Ladies, if you're like me, you like your man clean-shaven. I hate it when his whiskers scratch me, don't you?!? Well, if your man hates shaving because it hurts or because his skin is too sensitive, make him a batch of this stuff. It works! You can make this one yourself super easy with your guy's favorite essential oils.
Natural Aftershave: Cream or Spray?
Ladies, which should you make for your guy?
How about you do a little snooping in the bathroom and see which he's already using. If you don't already have his scent memorized, smell the product. What does it smell like? This will help you decide which oils to use. Woodsy scent? You'll want to try some sandalwood or cedar.
Then, make one of these recipes and surprise your favorite man with something to pamper his face!
Two Natural Aftershave Recipes with Essential Oils
- Put emulsifying wax, carrier oil, and vitamin E oil together into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. (double boilers work perfect)
- While melting, measure the aloe vera juice, witch hazel, and glycerin into a small glass cup or jar, warming them a little if needed, and stir to combine.
- Once oils are melted, add the liquids and heat everything just enough to ensure everything is melted and mixed well.
- Remove from the heat and whisk continually as the mixture cools. You'll need to keep whisking until the lotion is thick, creamy, and a little frothy. Whisk in the essential oils last.
- Store this in a little glass jar, or a pump bottle for easy dispensing!
- Combine all ingredients and keep in a dark glass spray bottle.
- Spray onto hands and pat face after shaving to soothe skin.
Ladies, Want to Pamper Your Guy Some More?
And, for all you guys who enjoy a nice “spa day” now and again, I know you're reading this. No one is going to take away your man card for getting pampered once and a while. 😉