Almost every Thursday night we have Vegan Taco Night in our home. My DIY Vegan Taco Dip is a hit among the entire family. I use my homemade taco seasoning mixture in this recipe so if you haven't tried it yet, I suggest checking it out.
DIY Vegan Taco Dip
What is your favorite ingredient to use in your tacos?
- 1 (16-ounce) can black refried beans
- ½ cup organic basmati rice, uncooked
- 3 large avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime/lemon juice
- 3 drops lime essential oil
- 3 drops cilantro essential oil
- 8 ounces Veganaise® grapeseed oil, avocado mayonnaise or organic sour cream
- 1 packet Bearitos taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning
- 1 (4-ounce) can fire roasted green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 (3.8-ounce) can black olives, sliced and drained
- 3-5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups dairy-free Daiya cheddar style shreds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook rice according to its directions (I slightly undercook the rice so it will soak up more liquid when its baking).
- Spread a layer of refried beans in the bottom of an 8 x 8 quart glass baking dish.
- Add the cooked rice on top.
- Pit and peel the avocados and place in the food processor or a bowl.
- Blend the avocados together with the lime/lemon juice, lime & cilantro essential oils and spread the mixture on top of the cooked rice.
- Stir together the Vegenaise or sour cream and the taco seasoning (or mix up in the food processor). Place this mixture over the avocado layer.
- Then in the food processor, dice the tomatoes and canned chilies together and put on top of the taco seasoning layer.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes to one hour, depending on how crisp you want your cheese.