This recipe is SO easy to put together before you head out to start your workday. The story behind this easy crockpot lasagna is kind of interesting, too. I worked with a woman at the Chamber of Commerce who came to me with this recipe and said, “I know it’s got a lot of ingredients in it that you don’t normally eat, but you can just do your thing and figure it out and make it work.” And that’s precisely what I did!
Only the Best Ingredients in Your Easy Crockpot Lasagna
This recipe calls for the ground beef to be browned with Italian seasoning. But for all the nursing moms out there, keep in mind that the sage in Italian Seasoning can cause your milk supply to plummet. So when I started having babies I switched to using Herbs de Provence instead. Now its been our favorite. RP’s makes delicious, fresh gluten-free pasta noodle sheets that I absolutely love! You can also use any uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodle that you’d like.
Of course you can make your own sauce ahead of time too, to save time. My homemade spaghetti sauce is delicious in this recipe.
- 1 lb. organic ground beef, cooked in 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning or Herbs de Province
- 1 package of gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 2 quarts of my homemade spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Daiya mozzarella shreds (1 bag)
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg replacements)
- 15 ounces unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (use more of the Daiya cheese shreds here if you are dairy-free, or raw organic Parmesan cheese is best if you do include dairy in your diet)
- Fresh herbs: basil, oregano, thyme & parsley
- Brown the meat with the Italian seasoning (or Herbs de Provence). Drain, return to pot, and stir in 2 quarts of spaghetti sauce.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, Daiya mozzarella or parmesan, eggs, and 1 tablespoon of each fresh herb (or 1 teaspoon if using dried herbs). Mix well.
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce over the bottom of your crockpot dish. Layer a third of the uncooked lasagna noodles, yogurt mixture, cooked meat, spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layering two more times.
- Top with a layer of cheese, herbs, and then a final layer of cheese.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.