No holiday table is complete without a dish of savory gravy to spoon on top of turkey, mashed potatoes, or other dishes. We even add some to the base of the turkey bone broth soup we make at Thanksgiving. This recipe is quick and easy and will add another layer of flavor to your holiday dishes.
If you need some encouragement to keep eating healthy through the holidays you should listen to podcast 5 of Biblical Health Radio.
Savory Gravy Recipe
- Reserved fat from the cooked turkey
- Bragg™ Liquid Aminos
- Rice starch or HolGrain all purpose gravy thickener
- Pineapple, raw apple cider or press pressed juice
- Herbes de Provence
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and whisk until smooth.
- Cook on medium heat over the stove until you achieve desired thickness, around 15-30 minutes. Serve with the turkey
I'd love to hear if you made this and what you served it with!
Need some more ideas for side dishes? I've shared some of my favorite recipes for you to try.