Lemon oil has some great detoxing and healing properties, and combined with some fresh orange juice, frozen pineapple and mango, and a little stevia you can make a refreshing, healing lemon oil cooler! We don't normally sweeten things, but when we do, we use stevia which is a great low glycemic, diabetic friendly alternative sweetener. Stevia is an herb with a very pungent flavor, but when it is flavored it is wonderful. It is a great alternative sweetener for diabetics and cancer patients.
The Healing Power of Lemon Oil
Lemon is such a healing plant. Its rind is one of the richest sources of d-limonene, which is on of the most common cancer-fighting terpenes in nature. (source) Additionally we know that d-limonene can help:
* Reverse liver and pancreas damage (source)
* Kill pathogens and acts as a food preservative (source)
* Aid in weight loss (source)
* Decrease stress (source)
* Promote restful sleep (source)
Refresh and Relax with this Healing Lemon Oil Cooler
This drink was formulated to include the naturally occurring d-limonene that you can find in the lemon rind which is what is used to make lemon essential oil!
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint.
Other Essential Oils Rich in d-Limonene (source, p 580)
In addition to lemon oil, some of the richest sources of d-limonene are:
- Sweet orange (83.9 – 95.9%)
- Grapefruit (84.8 – 95.4%)
- Clementine (94.8 – 95.0%)
- Bitter orange, peel (89.7 – 91.7%)
- Tangerine (87.4 – 91.7%
- Lemon, expressed (56.6 – 76.0%)
- Celery seed (68.0 – 75.0%)
- Mandarin (65.3 – 74.2%)
- Tangelo (73.2%)
- Lemon, distilled (64.0 – 70.5%)
- Dill seed (35.9-68.4%)
- Elemi (26.9 – 65.0%)
- Palo santo (58.6 – 63.3%)
- Yuzu (63.1%)
- Lime, expressed (51.5-59.6%)
- Lime, distilled (55.6%)
- Fir needle, silver (54.7%)
- Bergamot, expressed (27.4 – 52.0%)
- Caraway (36.9 – 48.8%)