Looking for a healthy, yet delicious, snack option for the kids? These healthy snack bites made with cacao and coconut are sure to be a family favorite. The yummy sweetness without the guilt of being unhealthy. These snack bites make the perfect after school snack or as a sweet treat to pack in their school lunches.
Healthy Snack Bites
You can use as little or as much shredded coconut as you like. You can roll your entire snack bite into the shredded coconut to coat them fully, or simply sprinkle a bit on top.
- 12 Medjool dates
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup Cacao Powder
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ⅓ cup Shredded Coconut for rolled topping
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with water. Stand for 1 hour. Drain and discard seeds.
- Add dates, almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut oil, cacao powder and chia seeds in a food processor until mixture is well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and let stand for 20 minutes for chia seeds to soften.
- Roll mixture into bite size balls.
- Place remaining coconut in a dish.
- Roll in coconut topping to coat snack bites.