Planning a summer party or cookout? This watermelon fruit basket will be a hit among your guests. Plus, it saves on serving dishes!
- Using Black Sharpie to outline your watermelon.
- Cut your basket from the top half of your watermelon while the flat surface is left untouched.
- Clean off remaining marker with fresh lemon juice.
- Carve out watermelon with ice cream scoop.
- Put fruit in, garnish with mint and serve with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Do not get overwhelmed if each of your cuts are not perfect when carving the melon. Get as creative with your basket design as you feel comfortable. Sometimes I even leave a middle piece to resemble the basket handle. You can add your favorite fruit into the basket. If the fruit is chilled in the watermelon basket, the rind acts as a cooler and helps to keep the fruit salad cold during serving.
The watermelon fruit basket is not only tasty, but it also serves as table decor when hosting an outdoor party. My favorite part of serving this fruit salad at my parties is the dip! The fruit goes perfectly with my homemade coconut whipped cream.