Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest.
If there's one thing that I've seen across the board in most American Christians, it's a woefully timid attitude in the midst of causeless curses. Sadly, the empowering truth of being MORE than a conqueror has passed through the minds of many of our brothers and sisters in Christ without taking root. When the conviction does not exist that this eternal axiom is our birthright in Christ, fear sets in and the Abundant Life soon becomes a faded dream.
Instead of accepting defeat, this should be the anthem of every follower of Christ:
“We are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:37-39)
This is an undying truth that needs to be anchored in your soul: You are NOT a victim of your circumstances. Nothing in Heaven, hell or on Earth can separate you from God's love. And, subsequently, from His protection. It doesn't matter what people say. It doesn't matter what your circumstances say. “There shall NO evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling!” (Psalm 19:10).
The devil will sneak into someone's mind, and convince them that their lot in life is to be sick, poor, alone, wounded and a victim of whatever life tries to throw at them. When these “causeless curses” come to rest on minds that are not on rooted on God's word, it can take time to develop the Mind of Christ on a matter. This is why meditating on the Scripture is so critical, and the reason why I have put together 14 key verses to help you remember the protection of God on your life.
30 Day Challenge
If you are struggling through some scary situations right now, you may want to print these out and make them your daily meditation. Put them on your bathroom mirror and say them aloud every day before you leave the house. Put them in phone and remind yourself with an alert to read them at work. Go to bed only after pouring yourself into these life-saving words. Do this for 30 days and just watch what will happen!
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
- He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. (Psalm 91:1-3)
- The LORD will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. (Psalm 121:7-8)
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand delivers me. (Psalm 138:7)
- My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; You save me from violence. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. (2 Samuel 22:3-4)
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from Me, declares the LORD.” (Isaiah 54:17)
- At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. (Daniel 12:1)
- And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18)
- And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
- But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- For He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)
- The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen! (2 Timothy 4:18)
- We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him. (1 John 5:18)